Meds for clearing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all the suggestions! I am hoping it isn't anatomy...I would imagine if it was then I should not be able to clear 100% of the time, however sometimes, mostly in warm water (80+ F) I am able to clear so well that I don't even do anything going down. The pattern I've noticed is that the colder the water the harder it is to clear.

What is perplexing to me is why I can clearly SO easily sometimes and at other times not at all.

I will look into getting checked by a diving ENT, not quite sure what he is going to check but I don't think I will be willing to undergo any procedure since I am not willing to take the risk of destroying my hearing!!

To anser your specific question, I use (and recommend) Sudafed - the original pseudoephedrine, NOT the rather innocuous Sudafed PE (phenylephrine).
Yep, but not knowing where the poster is - maybe should mention that the real thing requires prescription in some states. US laws only allow buying one box a day, even if it is a small box, no more than 9 gram a month, and possession of no more than 300 tabs - in case tempted to stockpile.

Sudefed PE is almost a placebo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom