Medical Exams....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yotsie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My team has adopted "Medical Exam Standards" much like the ones posted on the IADRS website, into our SOPs. Problem is trying to get our office off the pot in getting our divers to the doctor to get it done.

My question is:

Do you have medical exam standards?

How often do your divers get them?

How did you get your organization to pay for it in a timely fashion?

Part of our hang-up is the on-going negotiations between our office and the medical provider. Once that's ironed out, I know the next question is, "Why so often?" When I worked the dope unit, it was never questioned...You went to the doc yearly....I don't know what the hang up is on this.

In Canada its a legal requirement to have it done (CSA's) AND it must be done by a certified diving doc of which the nearest one to us is over 100mi away - so it certainly costs us. The exam is the same as what commercial divers need and is as involved as what I'd expect for saturation divers - certainly overkill for what our team is doing but those are the rules...

under 40 years old - every 2 years. over 40 - every year

I think the frequency is about right

Thanks Bridge

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom