Me Credentials

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ya, on our plane, it's actually a big deal. We got the first light on the taxi out. We went dark cockpit, and it reset. On takeoff, the damn thing lit again making for an interesting kick in the rudder on rotation. Our plane has a huge tail surface and rudder, so the RL is pretty important. Think AA Airbus crash. We have a speed restriction of 240knts, so the ride from DFW to MEM was long and a bit wallowing in the turb. We had a gusty crosswind on landing, making it an abso beatch to handle. It was my leg to fly, so I had all the fun. Luckily, we changed A/C on the turn. Due to the speed, we were 45min late making for a quick turn and a delayed last leg into the overnight. Pax were PO'd. Sorry for the unfunny post, but I'm pooped.

teknitroxdiver:
You mean your yaw damper actually works sometimes? Ah well, it's more fun watching the passengers swish around way back in back anyway...of course, on some of those bigger planes, the cockpit tends to swish the other way too. Hmm. Thats no good.

mempilot:
Ya, on our plane, it's actually a big deal. We got the first light on the taxi out. We went dark cockpit, and it reset. On takeoff, the damn thing lit again making for an interesting kick in the rudder on rotation. Our plane has a huge tail surface and rudder, so the RL is pretty important. Think AA Airbus crash. We have a speed restriction of 240knts, so the ride from DFW to MEM was long and a bit wallowing in the turb. We had a gusty crosswind on landing, making it an abso beatch to handle. It was my leg to fly, so I had all the fun. Luckily, we changed A/C on the turn. Due to the speed, we were 45min late making for a quick turn and a delayed last leg into the overnight. Pax were PO'd. Sorry for the unfunny post, but I'm pooped.
Does this mean you have BIG feet? :D
:10:

mempilot:
I can't say without out getting a vacation. I'll have to tell you in person. :eyebrow:
:D, must be stinky then.........:wink:

Why can't it be like the old days when you were assigned AN aircraft that you knew (inside and out), that came with a mech crew you knew like family, and a flight crew that usually was family?

DiveCop71:
Why can't it be like the old days when you were assigned AN aircraft that you knew (inside and out), that came with a mech crew you knew like family, and a flight crew that usually was family?
No names painted on the side of these aircraft, but I am pretty close with the mechs. We chase the same girls! :eyebrow:

BTW, I just overnighted in Pensi last night. I get the tour there about once a week. Let's grab a beer!

mempilot:
We chase the same girls! :eyebrow:
Is THAT who they were????? I was wondering..............

Hey DiveCop,

Did you hear about the squids falling through the ceiling at the hotel in Pensacola? That was us on the recieving end.

Mem

Back
Top Bottom