McMaster quick disconnect for P-Valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnN

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Here is a picture of the quick disconnect for a P-Valve sourced from McMaster.

Female end -- $7.05
5012K83Acetal Quick-Disconnect Coupling, Socket, 1/4 Coupling, for 3/8" Tube ID, with Valve

Male end -- $1.20
5012K72Acetal Quick-Disconnect Coupling, Plug, 1/4 Coupling, for 3/8" Tube ID, without Valve

I purchased mutiples of the male end. For spares and to make a flushing adapter

For me, shipping was about $6.00

Great job on posting the part numbers and links :)

Do you really need more hardware in that area? I always figured it could add to possible kinking?? Are others finding the quick connect to be beneficial?

I found quick disconnect useful because I can prep myself in a more private area, say at home, then when I put on my drysuit, I just connect the plumbing up. Same of taking the drysuit off. I use the one with valve on the drysuit side, without valve on my side. I also order additional male QD for clearning purpose.

In my case, I just push the QD unit into the hose. Did you use glue?

I found quick disconnect useful because I can prep myself in a more private area, say at home, then when I put on my drysuit, I just connect the plumbing up. Same of taking the drysuit off. I use the one with valve on the drysuit side, without valve on my side. I also order additional male QD for clearning purpose.

In my case, I just push the QD unit into the hose. Did you use glue?

The fitting fits very firmly into the hose. I couldn't pull it out if I tried. . .

Does the LightMonkey variant have a check valve in it ? When I disconnect, the check valve should stop things from 'dribbling'

Do you really need more hardware in that area? I always figured it could add to possible kinking?? Are others finding the quick connect to be beneficial?
The norprene tubing is pretty much impossible to kink.

I think the QD fittings are essential in a P-valve system.

Great job on posting the part numbers and links :)

Mr Pete likes to point north so the QD is in the northbound leg of the loop, no reason for it to kink.

It's handy to be ready to quickly connect and disconnect at the dive site. As mentioned, it also makes it a snap (bad pun) to attach a flushing line to the valve.

Shut-off female on the suit side. The human side remains free flowing.

Wipe the o-ring of the male with silicone every few uses for smooth coupling action. Alchohol and such can leave if very dry.

Pete

Wow I was just about to buy the LM version online and pay $25 + shipping for just one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom