MB-Sub X1 - VB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnoAU

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi All,

I'm looking at purchasing a new light and the MB-Sub X1 - VB looks very interesting, especially with it's adjustable light beam and ability to use 3x C or 3x AA batteries (if you purchase both handles). To me it looks like a good option to use as a primary light for Recreational diving and can be utilised as a backup light if a Can light is purchased at a later date.

Does anyone have any general feedback regarding this light?
Has anyone used this light for a night dive?

Cheers,

Johno

I've been using this light for about 4 years and it has performed flawlessly. I have owned numerous lights over the years and it is one of my favorites. In low viz in 3degree mode it packs quite a punch. For night diving in wide angle mode it illuminates a nice wide area and isn't so bright as to scare all the fish away. For travel diving in tropical locations its my primary day and night light. I use it in AA form and get a good 3 hours plus before it starts to noticeably dim. I'd 100% recommend this light in fact any of the MB-Sub lights, I own 4 of them and have never had an issue with any. I really like the magnetic on/off true one hand operation, actually 1 thumb operation. Quality engineering and design.

---------- Post added August 30th, 2013 at 02:17 AM ----------

Actually I like it so much when I lost my first one, long story, I replaced it with another.

Back
Top Bottom