mayair from cancun to coz: how tight are they on baggage restrictions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

forced to go this route in sept; plan to have 2 carry-on and two checked but may need a med sized third checked: is this allowed as long as u pay the $3 plus tax per pound over 44lbs? what about a small light weight bac pac in addition to the carry-on? do they hold u to the 11# weight limit on the carry-on? thanks

I just took a Maya Air flight from CZM to CUN when I left here on the 16th for my vacation. I was not even loaded down - but they would only allow my backpack to be my carry-on - so my rolling carry-on was consiered checked baggage on Maya Air and weighed.

I only had ONE rolling duffel bag with clothes (nothing more and not full) and the standard small roller carry-on and it cost me $35usd - thye actually charged $5 a kilo extra. I came home from my vacation yesterday and didn't even consider Maya Air because I had two PACKED suitcases plus my rolling carry-on and the back pack - so it would have cost me more for the luggage than the flight.

Not to mention, I got home at the same time taking the bus and ferry due to the timing and schedules.

Granted, I cleared customs in Guadalajara, so when I landed in Cancun I was able to get my luggage and go straight to the bus. Bus left at 1:50pm and we were in Playa by 2:35 - and I caught the 3:00 ferry to CZM - easy breezy. Bus is VERY comfortable and air conditioned - and only $146 pesos!

So yes - Maya Air is very strict on the luggage and they will rape you on it! It's meant to be a commuter flight and they are trying to keep it that way it seems!

Wow that is terrible. We had 13 each with a STUFFED rolling carryon, one large check bag and everyone carrying a personal item, backpack and such AND a wheelchair. They didn't ding us at all.

You got lead underwear or something Christi? :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom