Mayair Baggage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is a school for that. It's called carry/wheel your own bags from the beginning to end of the trip, paying for excess/overweight bags. Mission is usually accomplished after 1 argument sometimes 2.
Good luck with that approach. :D

Thanks for the advice all, i was actually able to change my car rental drop off to the ferry in playa at no extra charge. The fery tickets will cost less than my baggage fees would have been.
Provided I am not stressing over making the first or last ferry, I kind of enjoy the ferry trip over. It is relaxing to have a few Cervesa's while watching the island grow on the approach. I find it to be a nice decompression time after dealing with the trip down.

There is no way she could pack a bag for herself at less than 40 pounds for a trip of any duration, let alone two weeks in Mexico and then a week driving halfway across the US and back.
44 pounds actually plus 11 pounds carry-on. That's 6 pounds less than some airlines (Southwest) but only 1 checked bag. I plan on putting the regulator in a carry-on backpack/briefcase.

Thanks for the advice all, i was actually able to change my car rental drop off to the ferry in playa at no extra charge. The fery tickets will cost less than my baggage fees would have been.

I think I'm missing something. You are renting a car at CUN and then dropping it off at PDC? Is this instead of taking the ADO bus?

Another nice thing about the ferry is when you get off of it you are very close to where you are probably going (assuming it's San Miguel) instead of having to get an over-priced shuttle at the airport. Even it you still need a taxi it's usually very cheap.

I think I'm missing something. You are renting a car at CUN and then dropping it off at PDC? Is this instead of taking the ADO bus?

Another nice thing about the ferry is when you get off of it you are very close to where you are probably going (assuming it's San Miguel) instead of having to get an over-priced shuttle at the airport. Even it you still need a taxi it's usually very cheap.
I believe that he is staying on the mainland for a few days before moving over to Cozumel. IMO, the CZM airport shuttle isn't a big deal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom