May On Kauai & Niihau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TullyM

Reaction score
Just finished :D fifteen dives on Kauai,
Bubbles Below was fantastic, ultimate destination was Niihau/Lehua and I booked multiple trips due to the typical unpredictable conditions over there, got two trips out to that paradise this visit, one epic calm day and one typically normal with a nice roller coaster ride home, no worries as its WORTH the trip; Totally awesome as always 180' vis with Monks, Eagle Rays, Grays and even a rare Hawaiian Grouper @ 100 lbs plus, verrrry cool. Dove the Keyhole, THE BEST - an Hawaiian dive log requirement! Niihau Arches twice, Vertical Awareness twice, Pyramid Point once. Did not get to Neon Cave and Pu'u Mu'u this trip due to the swell.
Mana Crack was most excellent, Hawaiian Morwangs very cool! can't beat the view both below and above the waves on the Na Pali, hit incredible Vis, Kudo's to Linda for the heads up on this dive, these people take care of you!
South Shore was cool too, Yellow Brick Road very fishy, Deep Pyramid a special treat I won't soon forget.
Thanks to Joe Walla Walla, dude rocks, gots the smarts as a Whitman man. Knows his marine biology A++ and follows it up with excellent earth sciences, Kauai must attract the real talent. If you want to know WHAT you are looking at then tag along with a guy like Joe. Thanks to Linda, experience, personanality and a smile to die for!
Back to cold water NW diving (no complaints just reality) for me, can't waut for a return to Kauai. There are three quality dive operations on Kauai's South Shore but I'd recommend the Bubbles, no storefront, just a really good diving experience.

TullyM:
Just finished :D fifteen dives on Kauai,
Bubbles Below was fantastic, ultimate destination was Niihau/Lehua and I booked multiple trips due to the typical unpredictable conditions over there, got two trips out to that paradise this visit, one epic calm day and one typically normal with a nice roller coaster ride home, no worries as its WORTH the trip; Totally awesome as always 180' vis with Monks, Eagle Rays, Grays and even a rare Hawaiian Grouper @ 100 lbs plus, verrrry cool. Dove the Keyhole, THE BEST - an Hawaiian dive log requirement! Niihau Arches twice, Vertical Awareness twice, Pyramid Point once. Did not get to Neon Cave and Pu'u Mu'u this trip due to the swell.
Mana Crack was most excellent, Hawaiian Morwangs very cool! can't beat the view both below and above the waves on the Na Pali, hit incredible Vis, Kudo's to Linda for the heads up on this dive, these people take care of you!
South Shore was cool too, Yellow Brick Road very fishy, Deep Pyramid a special treat I won't soon forget.
Thanks to Joe Walla Walla, dude rocks, gots the smarts as a Whitman man. Knows his marine biology A++ and follows it up with excellent earth sciences, Kauai must attract the real talent. If you want to know WHAT you are looking at then tag along with a guy like Joe. Thanks to Linda, experience, personanality and a smile to die for!
Back to cold water NW diving (no complaints just reality) for me, can't waut for a return to Kauai. There are three quality dive operations on Kauai's South Shore but I'd recommend the Bubbles, no storefront, just a really good diving experience.
Sounds like you had a great time...any pics?

Got some good topside Pix of Lehua/Niihau and the Mana dive sites by myself, and a couple of very nice Pix from below taken by DM Joe. I quit the Pix beneath the waves bit because I wanted to really observe all that was happening about me and not be tied to a lens. Can't seem to get them uploaded at the moment, at 30K it each it should not be an issue, will tray later.
Dive On!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom