May go to Hong Kong- where to dive from there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pescador Island didn't look overfished when I visited in November, but I haven't visited Apo Island, so I can't really offer a comparison. I certainly didn't see any fishing boats, but I did see a flotilla of dive boats, plus the Government official who buzzed around collecting the dive permit fees from the dive operators.

I am located in China about 2 hours from Hong Kong, so I have asked myself this question many times. From what I understand, Malapascua is supposed to be great, but the threshers are by no means "guaranteed". I was supposed to go in October, but hurt my foot. I have scheduled a trip for January already and will be in Koh Samui (diving off Koh Tao) and then to Sipadan. Sipadan has great reviews, but the permit system sounds like a negative. You can fly on Air Asia to Kota Kinabalu and then pick up a cheap flight from KK to Tawau (round trip with taxes and extra baggage allowance will be around $200 to $250 USD.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom