may ForceFin set me free

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've had these underwater now a few times and I'm just loving them, but unfortunately I now also want the flying forcefin and a pair of excellerating force fins, but I'm thinking I want the flying forcefins in the Tangential Delta II material Bob is now using on the hockey as I just can't bring myself to loose this awesome snap, but I want more of a push than whip on the long execllerating fins and figure the winglets and flexible tip will make up for the brutal snap.

I loaned my fins out and here is what a few of my buddies thought of them:

1st
A friend of mine dives a meg with 40's left and right and absolutely loves the original FF (which everybody teases him about). He came in town so I asked him to try the hockey and he still prefers the original as he likes the faster cadence on the original and likes to use less effort.. go figure. He says he may one day upgrade to the pro's but he is in no way leaving the original... even pushing all his gear. He also mentioned that he can easily push himself around for 3+ hours underwater on the originals and still have plenty of energy and he's not about to change that. I though he would jump on the hockey's so now I think I'm missing something, but I just came from jet & hinge/seawing type... so I'm pumped at how awesome the hockeys feel.

2nd
Had my instructor try them, and he actually admitted the flutter in these is quite awesome (despite his bias), but says his blade type can beat it in frog. I'm happy to at least get a positive response and look forward to our race.

3rd
This was so funny. My 10yr old daughter is getting certified so I'm watching her in the pool and one of the dive cons swims next to me and we park for a while watching the show; which I take as an opportunity to push FF once more. I ripped off my fins and shove them in his face...and he agrees. As he tries to swim off he is using the standard scissor kick and is just pushing water up and down and its quite funny as he's moving slowly and the fins are barely flexing.. so I knew what he was going to say even before we went up. He mentioned that they felt like they were coming off, and that they were terrible. I mentioned he was kicking them wrong. He's not open to modifying his "correct" kick or seriously trying it yet until he can't keep up with me I imagine.

I'm happy with the results, and I really took to heart the 1st review from a guy pushing so much with the originals as I figure he is a die-hard FF fan and there must be merit to his unbiased logic... so I'm going to jump on some TD II pro's or flying FF sometime once I make up my mind which I want and see what happens.

2nd
Had my instructor try them, and he actually admitted the flutter in these is quite awesome (despite his bias), but says his blade type can beat it in frog. I'm happy to at least get a positive response and look forward to our race.

I challenge your instructor to a frog race. 100 yards, will give him a 25 yard head start!!
:rofl3:

While in the pool with my daughter and my new gopro hd I shot myself swimming with the hockey's. You can see how they flex and how stable they are for a flat blade design. The video is a bit fuzzy because I don't have the flat lens for my gopro yet.

[video=youtube;GYZuETFuCmw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYZuETFuCmw[/video]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom