May 5th Oriskany dive with H2O

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

baydive20

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I had the pleasure of diving my 50th birthday with Capt Doug, Dm Capt Marci(salute), Dive Hound Steve and deck hand Randy. The ride out was pleasant as the seas were pretty calm. When we arrive at our destination, we were given a great dive briefing before we took the plunge. We dropped down to the flight deck just long enough for our computers to record the depth and slowly made our way to the tower. There is just too much to see on two dives. We swam around the tower and made our way back to the boat. Once on the boat, we were treated with a variety of snacks and lots of excited conversation. Since this was my 3rd trip to the "O" and every one else's 1st, I just sat back and listened to their amazement. After 1 1/2 hour SI, we dropped back down and really got to explore. The octopus was pointed out to us. After a little coaxing, I was able to get the little fellow to come out enough for my buddy to snap a great shot. We saw 2 arrow crabs engaged in a battle, swam thru a few swim thrus and really just took in the sights of the tower. Upon arriving back on the boat, we stowed our gear and was treated to hot dogs grilled on deck on the ride back to shore.

After a quick shower and change of clothes, we made our way to Macguire's for the birthday celebration and was join by Capt Marci, Dm Steve and Fritz from MBT. Thanks for sharing my birthday with me and our group.

I would like to thank Capt Doug, Capt Marci (salute), DM Steve and Randy for making my birthday one that I will not forget. You guys are the greatest. (cough cough now where's the money you promised me Capt Marci) J/K When I go back to dive the "O" again, I will definitly go with these guys. No bribing necessary. I'll be back sooner than you think!!!!

Hey Capt Marci, What's the vis? haha

Thanks for the report Val! Looking forward to my next dip on the Oriskany.

Good report. I'm hoping within the next few months that I will actually be experienced enough to dive the Big "O". Wednesday night is my EAN class and after that, sometime, I'm going to get my AOW. (I wish it would be Fundies.)

Michael

Yes they run a good show for shall we say a big boat op. Kudos to the H20 crew and MBT. All pros.......

Baydive20,

From the entire crew of the H2O Below Happy birthday. It means a lot when people talk good about the service we provide. Reports like yours let us know we are doing our job the way we should be. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Oh yea Capt Marcie says hello as well

You guys have not seen the last of me, that's a promise.

Great report and Happy Birthday. I'll be 50 myself come next Monday and I can tell you that my Birthday won't be nearly as exciting as yours.

Why are we saluting Capt Marcie? Well, other than she ROCKS as a chick diver and as a captain. And somebody pay attention to Capt Doug... Huba huba! Poor guy gets a good looking girl on the boat and nobody pays any attention to him.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom