May 2012 on Oahu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dirty-Dog

Frequently Censored
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm in the process of researching options for a trip to Oahu in early May, 2012. There will likely be four of us. My wife and I (both AOW), another AOW diver and a recently certified OW diver.
I've done searches, but I have not found much in the way of recent info.

So... on to the questions.

We are considering the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel (not the similarly named A. W. Beachside).

We are considering diving with Aqua Zone. According to their web site, they run two boats. One 6 pack and the other 8. Their website also indicates a "7 day unlimited dive package" for $650pp. Very attractive, assuming they're a reputable dive op.

Comments from any who have used either of these facilities are appreciated.

Any "must do" dives, from boat or shore?

I know the big island is known as a Mecca for those wishing to do a Manta Ray night dive, but are there similar experiences to be had from Oahu?

Thanks to all. :)

I dive with Aquazone every year. They actually have 3 boats, but one is a smaller one that they don't run all the time. If you want to dive.....the 7 day unlimited is the way to go! I got my 28 dives last time I was here.
I have never had any problem diving with them. Been using them for the last 5 or 6 years. Nice guys real relaxed, but then again most people on the islands are. They normally run one of the wreck dives in the morning, then a reef after that. The afternoon dives are almost always on the shallow reefs. (the afternoon dives will have a lot more newbees on the boat) But as long as I am under and in warm water...it's all good
The Sea Tiger & YO wrecks are really cool. We hit those sites several times on my last trip. If you end up doing the 7 day package you'll be at the same site a couple of time I'm sure. But it's all good. The Kahala barges & Cosair are cool, Fantasy reef, Koko Katers, but my favorite site on Oahu is the Sea Cave r Big Sea Cave. Reall cool, but they don't always go there coz the water gets a little ruff.
I have some old dive videos on tube from Oahu if you want to check them out. User "draggonmn" on youtube. Quality ain't great (my old camera), but you can see a little about the diving there. any questions, just give me a shout. have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom