Maximum Pressure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlaZR2:
What is the Maximum operating pressure of Proton XL First Stage? Is it 3000 or higher?

Thanks for the Help.
With a yoke connection it is approximately 3,300. With a 300 DIN connector it is higher. I don't recommend pressures in excess of 3,500 on very many HP valve assemblies. The higher pressures are tough on seat longevity.

Greg

I was looking on the reg, where i connect it to the tank. it says 232 bar? What's that? Is that like 3500 psi?

BlaZR2:
I was looking on the reg, where i connect it to the tank. it says 232 bar? What's that? Is that like 3500 psi?

It's actually right around 3,360 give or take a few....a bar is approximately 14.5 psi. That is the metric standard for an atmosphere of air pressure at sea level. So, 10meters or 33fsw is 2 bar. Older yokes were rated for lower pressures. The vintage "thin" style were originally intended for the 2,250psi tanks.

Greg

bar is approximately 14.5 psi

Actually 14.503 but who's counting. That's why the top of a tank normally says 3AL3000 and 3ALM207 - 207 bar is 3002 psi.

All yokes are designed for 232 bar max.I know that Iwould be changing mine to DIN if I were you. If you ever geta little over filled,you are kinda screwed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom