Max-Air 35 Compressor - Any Comments?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

so what your saying is that i need to find someone like ray over there in england,
i have got my feelers out, at this time i'm looking in many forums...
but has i live in nottingham (think robin hood) and there's not to many people of rays calibre around...
and before i put my money into a project this big, i'd like to know as much has i can about what problems may crop up...
so if you don't mind me asking, did you do the rebuild yourself, or did you send it off...
i know it goes different machine, different problems...
any tips about this machine are gratfully recived...

wolfy...

Actually, I think of the Sheriff of Nottingham, a misunderstood fellow. Barach Obama is Robin Hood as he promises to give away monies that are not his.

Wolfie, a Bauer Junior with low hours might be a better choice. There is an Australian who bought a Junior jointly with his club. His experiences, maintenance and cost analysis are meticulously detailed on the web.

Also, there is the Turkish made compressor sold under various names like "Alkin". Check it out.

Hi wolfy

I have 2 Bauer junior 11 compressors for sale ex fire service
they are in as new condition with some extra parts fitted,cut out switch,hrs run counter ,etc.
pm me if you want photos sent.
also i service & repair some compressors.

i've got my eye's on that barrie law guy, theres quite abit about these machines on that site...
and it's a price that won't break my bank...
pescador775, is that michael mcfadyens page, i got it somewhere around here...
the thing with the bauer is a price vs freedom gained kind of thing,
at most i'll be a small time user, so if i can get the same freedom from a coltri has a bauer for less money, i guess that's good...
then if i add in parts prices and the places that sell them, the coltri's got to look good for a first
time investment...
if only that sheriff would throw some of that money this way...

windyairman, thank's for the offer,
but the bauer machine is just abit too rich for me to make my first mistakes on...
(i'm not planning on making any, but you know)
it's the price of replacement parts that's making me hold off...
and if your not uk based the shipping would take funds away from where i need them...

Hey Ray!
Just joined this board. This is Craig from Nautilus U/W Systems.

Craig

Is there a scuba compressor service dealer in southern California ?

WOW ... old thread!

There are lots of people that can work on these little guys but I don't give recommendations anymore. I had too many people upset with me if they had a problem with someone I mentioned.

Be aware that the typical bench service rate is pretty expensive compared to the low initial cost of the compressor. The last full "bumper to bumper" service we did ended up costing the guy almost $1800 when all was said and done.

If you are handy enough with a wrench to change your own spark plugs, you should be able to do most, if not all your own compressor work.

Do you have a problem or are you just interested in doing preventive maintenance?

What I really need is a manual or instruction book or a copy of one.
I just got one ( max-35 ) and know nothing about it.
I need some one to look at it give me some advice on what I have.

Thanks in advance,

William

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom