"Mauser" is German for "Crap my shoulder hurts"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My JC Higgins kicked harder than my 8mm. And it was a 20 gauge. Of course it kicked twice. It was one of those plastic stock jobbies my dad got in 46 when he was 12. It weighed less than 5 lbs and when you pulled the trigger the gun would recoil. As it did the HOLLOW plastic stock would bow out and then snap back into shape. But it had an extra full choke to it and it killed many squirrels and won quite a few turkey shoots not just for me but for other family members who used it. One little local club even banned it from their events after getting complaints from some of the regular member.

I've got an 8mm Mauser that I bought many years ago for $60 bucks.
I think it was made in 1937 and you can tell it's been extensivily used. Most likely in WWII.

Boy its a great gun. Neat to own a piece of history like this. I just kinda wish is "could talk" about some of it's history.

mike_s:
I just kinda wish is "could talk" about some of it's history.

yup... that's for sure

i also have a Mosin Nagant made in 1943. sits right next to the Mouser now

if they could only talk

H2Andy:
yup... that's for sure

i also have a Mosin Nagant made in 1943. sits right next to the Mouser now

if they could only talk

How big a gun do you use for Mousing? :wink:

And if they did start talking, would you understand their langauage?

lol

Blitz:
I founf some Sabot rounds for my 06. pushing 55 grains into a squirrel at 400fps is disturbing...... But I just can't stop myself.

Sabots...They drove the FBI absolutely nuts...tough to identify the rifling without the sabot...:D

Green_Manelishi:
.17 caliber? Cripes. For sure it hot-foots it right along but even a breeze will tip it over.

Its a great squirrel gun out to 150 yds...yea...crosswinds are interesting...but that's what real shooting is all about...:D

Yup. Gotta love it.

PaulChristenson:
Sabots...They drove the FBI absolutely nuts...tough to identify the rifling without the sabot...:D

Its a great squirrel gun out to 150 yds...yea...crosswinds are interesting...but that's what real shooting is all about...:D

Back
Top Bottom