Mauritius

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Patchy13

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey All,

My wife and I will be in Mauritius in mid December 2013 for about 10 days with family, the majority who dive too. We are both advanced divers with about 50 dives each. We are staying in the Grand Baie area but are happy to travel around the Island a bit. We are not really looking for a full on dive holiday, but would be nice to get a few in while we are there.

Does anyone have any thoughts/suggestions for the following;

Dive shops/operations?
Dive sites?
What we could potentially see?

Any tips would be appreciated.

Cheers

Jack :cool2:

I haven't been to Mauritius for about ten years. Diving is warm water and easy. Unfortunately most fish larger than your right hand have been eaten by the locals, so expect small fish and corals.

The diving in Grand Baie is good. You won't gain much by travelling to other sites. I found the shallower dives tended to give the most variety of sea life, but maybe that was just me. Back in the day the dive shop in La Mauricia was the hub of activity, but I imagine any of the hotels along the coast line will have a dive shop.

The only dive I would actually, maybe, travel for is the Cathedral (take your torch). It's quiet a drive from up north, so not sure I would do that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom