Maui Trip Report and Photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow -- you guys saw a bunch of cool things! I've done a lot of Maui diving, and in all the dives I've had there, I don't think I've seen that many nudibranch species. It was fun to go through the pictures, especially since I'll be there in a few days.

We've been to Maui twice but only snorkeled. Guess we have to go back now :). What kind of setup are you using for the pictures?

What a trip! TSandM couldn't have said it better, your assortment of nudibranchs is stunning! I was even more amazed at how many of your pictures came out right and that whale must have left you speechless. Cool report and thanks for the post.

Thanks everyone, there were some really different creatures this trip than in the past. Though I admit we missed seeing some of the "regulars" we've come to expect. :wink: A couple of the nudis were smaller than a grain of rice (particularly the one that is almost out of focus), so it was the DM's hunting ability that found them (thanks Joe!).

And the whale was an amazing once in a lifetime experience!

My husband uses a Sea&Sea DX-2G with a YS-27 strobe. I use Adobe Elements to edit. :wink: The spot focus feature on the camera made all the difference in the world for macro shots and I know he'll never want a camera without that feature again.

Wow, thanks for sharing. Great shots and what a collection of sealife.

Have you ever done the Molakai dive with the hammerheads with Lahina divers? Headed to Maui in February and first time diving with them (lots of dives with ERDA). Saw the dive on the internet and it looked very interesting.

Love your pics

Envious of seeing the whale and gray reef shark. Someday we might be as fortunate.

Wow, thanks for sharing. Great shots and what a collection of sealife.

Have you ever done the Molakai dive with the hammerheads with Lahina divers? Headed to Maui in February and first time diving with them (lots of dives with ERDA). Saw the dive on the internet and it looked very interesting.

Thanks! No, we haven't done the Molokai charter yet, though the guys we know who work for Lahaina Divers rave about it. Our problem is that its on the same day as one of ERDA's 3-tank charters, and the ride to Molokai can be rough with the bottom times being shorter (due to depth and group diving rules), so we keep choosing to go with ERDA. Maybe someday....

If you do it, post your experience please!

Great trip report with very nice pictures. Your camera had a work out. I hope to get back to Hawaii maybe next year. There's so much to see and do on Maui.

Back
Top Bottom