Maui Spring Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I have a family trip to Maui March 25 - April 7 and looking to get some diving in. I will be staying in Kihei. I plan to do some boat dives but want to get some cheaper shore dives in as well. My questions are who would you boat dive with? Where would you shore dive? Since many of my shore dives may be just me, where could I find an experienced buddy? Any other Maui "things to know"?

For boat dives, Ed Robinson's, B&B Scuba or Mike Severn's are generally recommended.
All three leave out of the boat ramp in Kihei.

Generally diving is at Molokini in the am and closer to Maui in the pm. My buddy did the three tank with Ed Robinson's and each dive was something different - Sharks off the Molokini backwall, Turtles on a wreck and Ed took them to a site at dusk and found Manta's.

For shorediving try Maui Dreams Dive Co. or Shaka Doug who runs a dive bus in the area.
At one time MDDC had a buddy sign up sheet - don't know if they still do.

User blesi varney here is one of the "B's", Shaka Doug is also an SB member.

The 5 Caves/Makena Landing area has a couple of good sites a few mins. from Kihei. I also like Wailea Beach but not everyone does. It's interesting but fairly shallow. Shorediving.com lists all the south Maui sites.

Dive with Tiger Sharks? Try the Maui Ocean Center dive.

Links to everything in order:
Ed Robinson's Diving Adventures - Personal Greeting from Ed Robinson
Maui Hawaii Scuba Charters to Molokini, PADI dive lessons, guided shore dives, scuba rentals, scuba equipment
Scuba Diving Maui Hawaii - Mike Severns Diving - Scuba Diving Maui Hawaii - Underwater Photography - Whales
Maui Dreams Dive Co
Welcome to SHAKA DIVERS Web Site!
Scuba Shore Diving Site Listing for: Maui, Hawaiian Islands
Shark Dive Maui | Maui Ocean Centers Hawaiian Aquarium

I will be be staying in Wailea March 20-28, which is a couple miles south of Kihei. Maybe we can get together for some shore dives on the days we are both on Maui. I have a divemaster rating, but this is strictly a dive with a dive partner deal if you want to go. I have dove around Makena Landing enough times to be familiar with the area, but I would be happy to split the cost of a local divemaster if you want to try somewhere else. Send me a personal message if you're interested.

On previous visits, I have had good experience with Maui Dive Shop for boat dives out to Molokini, Turtle Town, and a couple of other locations. I will be trying their night manta ray dive this trip.

Back
Top Bottom