Maui - Short Trip report 11/7-11/13

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dove ed robinson yesterday. agree fully they are wonderful folks. would go again. one complain- I asked for back wall of molokini. as it is a drift dive and we had about 12 divers on board- I think they decided it was too many to coordinate a drift dive. not to harp on this however- they were full service. and tended to each diver individually. as the DM did not know us, he was very cautious about checking our air supply and coming up lots left. One good reason to do a second trip with the same folks as once they know you a bit, it makes it more fun and relaxing for all.
First off, the Backwall is my least favourite dive at Molokini. You'd think pelagics would be more common, but it seems they like to show their face near the two points of the crescent.

Second, that call earns brownie points towards ERDA in my book. There are a few ops that will dive the Backwall in questionable conditions (which, I suspect, they are currently, given the big swell hitting north and west facing shores) and with divers that don't have the experience. The decision to not dive that site was *probably* not based on too many divers, but rather, divers that were not sufficiently experienced *or* conditions that wouldn't make for a good or safe dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom