Maui Shore Dive Advice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GrumpyOldGuy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

I am headed to Maui (Kihei)with the family on 12/13 for vacation. I have booked 2 boat trips with B&B but the rest of the time I want to shore dive mornings to save $$$, with 3 divers more boat time or guided shore dives get too expensive too fast. Anyway if anyone has advice on nice dive sites in the south or warnings on sites with nasty currents I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Doug

Hey Doug,

There are several resources you can put to use, one is shoredivers.com another is the Maui Shore Diving book you can get at any dive shop for about $10. For diving up north I've outlined my favorite sites here: Aloha Shore Divers

Have fun :D

I would move this to the main hawaii forum for greater exposure.

Duh....I meant to post it in the main forum, oh well better to confine my stupid moves to the virtual word rather than real life. I would move it if I knew how, or a modertor takes pity. Thanks.

wow kidspot I really like your collection of shore dives I really wish I saw that back before I went, would have saved me some $$ and have a richer experience. Should be moving out that way after instructor school sooo... c ya on the bottom.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom