Maui on 11/24-25, want to dive...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrjimboalaska

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Ok Ohana,
Fill me in on whom to dive with on Maui. I will arrive Kahului at 0700 on the 24th, and leave the 25th at 2130.
Would like to get recommendations from the locals......fill me in guys.

Where ya' staying and did you want shore or boat dives?

If you're up in Lahaina give me a hollar and hopefully an afternoon shore dive will work out - for boats to Molokini I like to recommend B&B - but you'll find good service with just about all the ops over here -

Charlie99 posted a good review of all the ops that I can't find at the moment - hopefully he will pop up here and list it for us again .

Aloha, Tim

Tim,
I'll be on board the Pride of Aloha in Kahului, I got suckered into a cruise with the in-laws(great people) for Thanksgiving week. Would not mind a shore dive at all. Molokini would be my choice, but I've never dove Maui. Molokini overrated?
Looking at Map, long ways for me to travel eh? Lahaina is closer, but I hear horror stories of your traffic, which is too bad. Contemplating renting a car to drive. Don't think the Charters on the South Side are going to pick up a diver in Kahului.

So you'll be around for a day and a half? Most dive boats leave early in the morning around here so boat dives are probably out. Shore dives? You can certainly do that the first day, what are your plans?

You could easily catch the B&B boat early on the morning of the 25th in Kihei. You'd need to rent a car and be at the ramp by 5:45am, but it would be very doable.

Shore dive with Tim (Kidspot) on the 24th, then catch the B&B boat on the 25th to Molokini. Get the best of both worlds diving Maui! :D

alright!
I have booked a trip with B&B next Saturday! I kind of wnated to hook up with Kidspot, but wife won't let me dive Fri. AND Sat.(focus on the family) but looking forward to cool Maui dive. Like seeing all the pics the Maui Ohana post....
Al, you divin next Sat?

I'm back on the mainland next week. I'm helping out on the boat tomorrow morning and then it's pau.

You'll love them.

There's a "chance" I'll be on the boat with ya' :) I start a class with them Monday and will probably be on the boat for the next couple of weeks Mon-Sat every time they have an opening for me...

It's been pretty busy at B&B and since they don't advertise it speaks well for them doesn't it. Very wise to have booked in advance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom