Maui never disappoints!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveMaven

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
After 200+ dives in and around Maui, we still have "firsts" in almost every trip. Today my amazing husband found a hard to find, super tiny Blue Swallowtail Slug!!! :D:D:D

This was after enjoying 2 Spanish Dancer Nudis, a pregnant Pom Pom Crab, and two Anemone Crabs....if we weren't pushing our NDLs, it would have been easy to stay a lot longer and see what else we could find.

Photos to follow once edited.

Good to hear!

I'll be there for the first time next week. Looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had such a great time in February that I am going back for more in early May

Good to hear!

I'll be there for the first time next week. Looking forward to it.

I hope you're booked with a good outfit for diving while you're here...a good dive guide is essential for diving Hawaii for the first time. The topography is so different and there are so many endemic critters that unless you know what you're looking for and where to find it, you could swim past 95% of what there is to see. I always feel sorry for people who go away thinking Hawaii has terrible diving.

coming to maui on april 17th (for 2 glorious weeks) we are going to go out with shaka doug and are hooking up with scubahawk27 for a dive also (so cool) because we are staying in kaanapali, was wondering if there were any guides you could recommend for night diving at black rock?
we will probably do at least 1 more dive with shaka doug but he stays in the south but want to do some shore dives closer to "home" (old airport, perhaps)
chuck

DiveMaven, when did you get there? We just left -- it would have been nice to have met you guys. I have so enjoyed your photographs.

We found two nudis that were new to us on this trip, too!

I hope you're booked with a good outfit for diving while you're here...a good dive guide is essential for diving Hawaii for the first time. The topography is so different and there are so many endemic critters that unless you know what you're looking for and where to find it, you could swim past 95% of what there is to see. I always feel sorry for people who go away thinking Hawaii has terrible diving.

I sure hope so! I'll be diving with Extended Horizons and Ed Robinson.

I've dove at Kauai and The Big Island and I totally agree that dive guides are a necessity, if you want to see and understand critters (as I do). I've recommended to others to do the same.

coming to maui on april 17th (for 2 glorious weeks) we are going to go out with shaka doug and are hooking up with scubahawk27 for a dive also (so cool) because we are staying in kaanapali, was wondering if there were any guides you could recommend for night diving at black rock?
we will probably do at least 1 more dive with shaka doug but he stays in the south but want to do some shore dives closer to "home" (old airport, perhaps)
chuck

Tim Rollo at www.tinybubblesscuba.com does shore dives in W. Maui. I've personally done dives at old airport and the night dive at Black Rock with him. I think you would be happy with the results.

DiveMaven, when did you get there? We just left -- it would have been nice to have met you guys. I have so enjoyed your photographs.

We found two nudis that were new to us on this trip, too!

We arrived last Saturday....so sorry we missed you, it would have been fun to get together. What were the two Nudis you saw that were new to you?

---------- Post added April 5th, 2012 at 04:33 PM ----------

I sure hope so! I'll be diving with Extended Horizons and Ed Robinson.

I've dove at Kauai and The Big Island and I totally agree that dive guides are a necessity, if you want to see and understand critters (as I do). I've recommended to others to do the same.

IMHO you won't go wrong with either of these operators. Ask the guys at Extended Horizons if they're still seeing the Flame Angel at Lanai...super rare in Maui and super gorgeous fish.

Back
Top Bottom