Maui Monthly - November 11th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kidspot

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Yes, a slight change in the "schedule" we'll plan on meeting the second Saturday of November (work called me off-island the first saturday this month)

When: 9am Saturday, November 11th
Where: To be determined based on prevailing conditions ...
Who: YOU! If you are on-island, please join us :D
What: Diving of course - we usually do 1 tank, however oft' times folks will bring a second tank and a smaller group will do a second dive together.

Conditions permissable, where would everyone like to go this month?

Aloha, Tim

Hey Tim...

Maybe Megan and I will stop and say hi on our way to Napili on the 11th. We leave the Big Island fairly early. I'm not sure what our plans are once we arrive but, once we get settled in, I'm thinking of a late afternoon dive and then night dive at Black Rock. Either that or it's going to be a Mai Tai on the beach, relaxing and watching the sunset. :)

We'll be there for sure Tim, wherever there is.

So 9am, just about right for my second dive :)

As far as conditions go it's pretty awesome down in Kihei area, but things change fast.

I agree that Kihei sounds like a better location from your reports lately (now watch it'll be 5ft vis lol) What's your favorite spot in Kihei Al? We'll make that our location for Saturday's dive :D (He who speaks first oft' times gets first choice :wink: )

Aloha, Tim

Ulua is always easy and lately the vis has been incredible. But I ain't a local, I'm a haole, I just go where I'm told sir.

We did 1:45 minute dive there this afternoon after the morning dives with B&B. Saw the hugest ugliest frog fish I've ever seen. There were tons O turtles and of course towards the end of the dive we had several top notch bikini sightings. No didn't have the camera this time, next time.

kidspot:
Lori - would it be easier for you and Megan to "maybe" join us if it's in Kihei or Lahaina?

I don't think it'll make much of a difference for us because we're landing at 10:25am. Check in at Napili isn't until 4PM. I can't think of a better thing to do then to hook up with you guys.

Gonna get the rental car (1/2 hour?), go back to OGG and get Megan and the bags, then what, about 25 min. to Kihei? I'm figuring an hour total.....give or take with the rental car line :D OK 1 1/2 hr. tops, lol.

We might also go to Kihei to see a friends band play later that night but, not until 10PM (yikes).

Let me know and we'll pick up a couple of tanks on the way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom