Maui Monthly - May 6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ill be there! I actually have a rental for the next week so I will be driving from kahana.

!Zach

Hey Guys,

That was a fun dive - Mark (howard4113) did a great job leading (getting his DM was worth it, if only so he could lead our SB dives lol) We had an 80 min. dive at Mile Marker 14 - vis past the reef cleared up to a beautiful 75ft or more. We got in the water about 8:45 and left the beach for lunch near 11 at Kaanapali Beach Hotel Mixed Plate (good buffet). After "rolling" out of the lunch room (at least Zach and I... Mark did the salad bar ... being "responsible") and very leisurely making our way to the next dive site I had to back out to go to work(yes I was the one slowing the group up today ... talking etc..), but they headed on up to Airport for a second dive - I'll let one of them post a report - But thanks for the great dive today!

Aloha, Tim aka "the slowpoke"

Tim et al.

I've put some pix at http://www.msh-co.com/maui_diving/SBD-05-06-06/index.html

Zach and I did about an hour on the 2nd dive at airport beach. Glad to report (or sorry for you Tim - as you had to leave early to work) that the viz was outstanding. Right as we got in there were some pretty nice fish - ornate butterflys... We did see a lot of them on the first dive. Took a leisurely stroll out to the 2nd reef. The critters were all out at the moorings. We saw a very nice yellow tail wrasse and rock mover playing together. I did get a shot of the rock mover - a very shy fish indeed! Cool moray in a coral balloon and lots of Dasyllus. Photos would be easy if every marine creature acted like the morays do! Nice filefish near the end of the dive. I found a cleaning station and got a pic of a Hawaiian cleaner wrasse (tought to catch these guys). I held out a hand but he refused to clean me - not enough growth I guess. Zach tolerated my photo escapades without complaining - Thanks!!

Mark

Thanks for the pics - yeah it would have been cutting it close for a second dive for me ... but I almost joined you guys for it.

We'll see you next month ... or sooner :D

Aloha, Tim

Lynne and I are looking forward to joining you on the June SB dive!

Back
Top Bottom