Maui - July 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kbsea

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Will be on Maui the end of July 2011 for about two weeks. I would like some suggestions for dive shops or operators to contact for setting up a couple days of diving, shore, boat, whatever. Any advice would be appreciated.

There are places in West Maui and also Kihei so it would help you know where you're staying and what type of diving you're looking for.

Three most recommended boat operators on this board are: Ed Robinson's, B&B, and Mike Severns. B&B always gets the stronger nod for less experienced divers, but reportedly do a great job with divers of all levels. Mike Severns and Ed Robinson's are definitely geared toward the more experienced diver, though IMO an inexperienced diver is fine on Ed Robinson's regular 2-tank charters. All three of these operators leave from the Kihei Boat Ramp and diving is focused on Molokini Crater and S. Maui dive sites.

For shore diving, Shaka Doug always gets the strongest nod around here, though Maui Dreams is recommended as well. Both are located in Kihei as well.

For the Lahaina area, choices are far more limited for boat diving. Extended Horizons, Lahaina Divers, and Hawaiian Rafting. Of the three, Lahaina Divers is the only one who goes to Molokini and Molokai, the others stick to the W. Maui shoreline and head to Lanai.

I will be in Maui the 15th through the 26th of July. I will be doing a couple boat dives with either B&B or Lahaina divers. If you need a dive buddy to do a couple shore dives I would love to meet up.

If you will be diving out of Kihei and only desire morning dives I would highly recommend Dive & Sea Maui. They offer a very relaxed (but very safe) atmosphere. It seems like you are diving from a friend's boat rather than a big, crowded, time-watching operation. They leave the dock at about 7:30 so you can sleep in just a little. Also, since they do not offer any afternoon dives, they do not rush you in and out of the water. If you are looking to relax while on vacation, Dive & Sea Maui is the way to go!

Dove with Ed Robinson's and really enjoyed it. If you are an experienced diver and want to dive your own profile. Do the three tank dive.

If you have some experience, try the scooter dives with Maui Dreams in Kihei. I had a blast diving with Dave. And my shore dives with Shaka Doug were also excellent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom