Maui in January?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaThor

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My girl and I are taking a trip to Maui in January and I'm looking for input as to which dive shop to frequent. Believe we are staying in the Ka'anapali area...
Any input from the "locals" or others who have been there would be greatly appreciated. :)
Thank you.

I have dove Maui twice in January, great both trips. Maui Dive Shop has a store up there, but the boat leave from Kihei, quite a ways away. I dove with MDS and it was alright, I would probably try a different shop next time. Nothing wrong with them, they just weren't great. Lahaina Dive shop is much closer and I was impressed with the people in the store, but who knows about the boat. Of course, you can shore dive a'plenty in Maui, and it sounds like Black Rock is right where you are.

Hopefully Kidspot will chime in, he's a Maui local. You might PM him. Have you search the forums yet?

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=161479

Extended Horizons is also in that area. Smaller boat than Lahaina Divers.

All your options have been discussed in detail here.

Back
Top Bottom