Maui in Jan.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rickster

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
My wife and I are going to be on Maui Jan 18th thru Jan 25th. Is there anyone that could show us a dive or two? I want to do a couple days of shore and boat dives. We will, also, be sight seeing, since this will be our fist time to the Islands.

Thanks,
Rick

Aloha Rick,

That time of year has been historically hit or miss as far as shore diving goes. We typically get a strong south swell each January that can really put a damper on the vis...some years for several weeks at a time. Cross your fingers for good conditions. I will be able to tell you where the best shore diving is as the days get closer. PM me if you need more info.

I'm usually up for doing a shore dive or two with whomever.

PM me when the date gets closer and we can work stuff out.

Shaka Doug, I checked out your site for your bus. I will be getting in touch with you, soon.

KrisB, I will PM you as well. Thank you for the offer.

Rick

Aloha

Well, we will be there next Thurs.

My wife may not dive much, so, I am looking for someone to do some with. We will be on Maui for eight days. Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks,
Rick

Rickster,

You are in for a real treat! If you have never dived when whales are around, get ready for one great experience. They will be there and they will be singing. It is one of nature's uw treats that only we divers can experience in person.

If you get a chance, see if one of the dive shops is doing the back wall of Molokini. I think it is one of the world class dives in the Islands. If you have good bottom times, you can make a live boat drift dive that will offer you many, many wonderful sights--including some small, but gorgeous lionfish.

Maybe the guys can arrange for that. Or you can see if BandB or Ed Robinson are doing that dive.

I will predict something: you will love Maui and want to come back. And I will suggest something: give the Kona Coast on the Big Island a whirl someday.

joewr--singing a bunch of old Harry Owens and the Royal Hawaiins tunes...

Rickster:
Aloha

Well, we will be there next Thurs.

My wife may not dive much, so, I am looking for someone to do some with. We will be on Maui for eight days. Let me know if you are interested.
This morning we had a bit of the swell that Shaka Doug refers to, and viz on inner reef of Ulua was down to about 10'. About 30 or 40' on the outer section.

PM sent.

joewr, Thanks for the info. I am really looking forward to this well earned, and waited for, vacation. If I even have half the experiance everyone is telling me, I will be totally satisfied. The excitement is getting worse day by day.

Thanks Charlie99, pm sent back.

You best be warned then.....trips to Maui can become addictive and result for some in the undeniable urge to relocate there! My husband and I are addicts and MUST return at least once a year.

Back
Top Bottom