maui in august

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cba191:
five didn't wound like a lot. molokini, the backwall, lanai, night dive, one other. doesn't seem like too much. but then again, i'm still new to this whole thing, so i'm not sure what's a lot.
I guess it depends on the rest of your schedule.

In the past, I've found 3 charters in 10 days difficult to fit in -- with everything else to see here, and sometimes weather moving the locations around... but that's just me. :)

I've been to hawaii, and it is gorgeous. i have never been diving there, however. at this point, i have on 2 2 tank boat dives in the ocean total (san carlos, mx). i think i want to see what's under water more than what above water. besides, most trips get you back pretty early anyway.

cba191:
I've been to hawaii, and it is gorgeous. i have never been diving there, however. at this point, i have on 2 2 tank boat dives in the ocean total (san carlos, mx). i think i want to see what's under water more than what above water. besides, most trips get you back pretty early anyway.
Also keep in mind that our shore diving here is pretty darn good, too... and you don't have to worry about sea-sickness (if that's an issue for you) unless the surge is REALLY bad. :)

Maui is great in August. I grew up spending my summers there. Be aware that the trade winds kick up something fierce in the afternoons.

(Unless global warming has changed things considerably since I last visited!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom