Maui in April - looking for recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hepcat62

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
All,

I may be taking a family trip to Maui in early April, and I'm looking for recommendations on boats and shore dives that are convenient. It sounds like we'll be booked into the Hyatt... are there any good shore dives nearby?

I'm a GUE fundies-level diver, so if there are any boats that are particularly friendly to that style of diving that'd be great to know. For both boat and shore, I'm likely to be spending at least half my dive time with a little brother who'll likely be certified by then. :)

Thanks!
Brian

Probably the best dive nearby is Mala Wharf in Lahaina. Slightly south of the Hyatt/Kaanapali area. Another is Kahekili (Old Airport) Beach north of the Sheraton Black Rock (another dive option) slightly north of the Hyatt - a little closer iirc.

Info/directions here: Scuba Shore Diving Site Listing for: Maui

Last edited:
I'd recommend on days you plan on boat diving you get up early and make the 45 minute drive down to the Kihei boat ramp. Ed Robinsons, Mike Severns, and B&B are the most recommended on this board, with Ed's company offering some charters specifically geared toward the more experienced diver (3-tank and Adventure), the rest being regular 2-tank dives with groups divided based on experience.

For shore diving, if you go to Maui Dive Shop's website, they'll send you one of their magazines with snorkel/dive maps/locations in it (including photos).

We'll be on island in early April as well and already have 3 charters booked with Ed Robinson's (3-tank and Adventure).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom