Maui - Diving Mala Warf Sunday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would on Monday -- Sunday I'm either sleeping or getting on a boat, depending on how much gusto I have in the morning after a long day of travel tomorrow. :)

just a quick Lahaina report - I was out off the reef outside Baby beach (next to Mala) a couple hours ago and vis was down to about 15ft. Current was running strong, so hopefully it clears out the "murk" by morning for ya'.

Aloha, Tim

Actually I went on as a passenger today - wanted to hear one of the other Narrators work before he leaves.

I'll be going back to my minimalist rig shortly, just started back to work last week after a summer of being gone. Haven't torn down my rig for work again yet ... soon though :)

Aloha, Tim

Tim was so right. Mala was really crappy! We did see a few White Tips, lots of tumor-infested turtles, tons of fish of all sorts, and about 5 Trevallys which were very large cruising the pier... We did Airport for the 2nd dive and vis was 50-70 feet but some particles in the water... Still it was a cool dive with some cool critters like 3 Leaf Scorpionfish, 1 Titan Scorpionfish, lots of Squirrelfish, Dominos, etc.. The patch reef was overbooked! It was a great dive with Ken as well. We both had cameras and had no probs at all!

Thanks for the dives Ken!

Sean

You had cameras ... so where are the pictures? :wink:

Glad you got to see a lot at both sites. Looking forward to diving with you on Tuesday :)

Here are my photos. Ken said he'd add his photos when he has a chance.
Maybe someone can help me ID the last photo?

http://www.scubapost.net/blogs/?q=node/176

See you tomorrow Tim!

Sean

Back
Top Bottom