Material of wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonathan920

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi guys! i see different type of wetsuit .. some look like plastic , some look like cloths...

This one look like Cloth neoprene

Neoprene_Wetsuits.jpg

&
aqualung.jpg

This look like rubbers
Orca2008wetsuits020.jpg

psuit-lrg.jpg

gul-freeride-5-4-3mm-wetsuit-+-free-rash-vest.jpg
<< what i love seems nice

which are for scuba diving ? both? i prefer the rubber once.. hmm so which is for scuba diving

They're both usable for diving. The smooth suits dry out more easily, so you don't get chilled when on the surface. They might not be as durable as the ones that are cloth-laminated on both sides-- might be more easy to damage. I've not had direct experience with the smooth outer skin suits, hopefully someone who does will comment???

Cheers,

For the most part divers use the suits with cloth on the outside. It's a little more durable. Usually the suits with a smooth exterior are for specialty sports where the small difference in water flow over the suit makes a difference.

Mat.

For the most part divers use the suits with cloth on the outside. It's a little more durable. Usually the suits with a smooth exterior are for specialty sports where the small difference in water flow over the suit makes a difference.

Mat.

Whats the difference in durable? Cloth suit 3 year and Rubber suit 2 years?

Some rubber faced suits with the wrong gear can be more like 2 dives. Most rubber face suits are for surfing, triathlon and such. They were not intended to have 75 pounds of gear lashed against them along with the associated hardware digging and chafing. Omitting the nylon facing will make the suit dry off faster for your surface interval but is on help underwater. For the surface interval getting out of the suit, especially from the waist up is a better solution.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom