Master Scuba Diver...WooHoooo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did you get the free backpack or something like that?

Nope, no free backpack:shakehead:. Just a shiney new c-card, a certificate for framing, an embroydered patch and a sticker. It was still worth the effort just for the knowledge gained.

Nope, no free backpack:shakehead:. Just a shiney new c-card, a certificate for framing, an embroydered patch and a sticker. It was still worth the effort just for the knowledge gained.

Wow not often you hear positive feed back about MSD. Thank you for sharing and congratulations!

parrothead600:
Just a shiney new c-card, a certificate for framing, an embroydered patch and a sticker. It was still worth the effort just for the knowledge gained.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the knowledge gained in the Ice Diver, Night Diver, Deep Diver, Enriched Air, Wreck Diver, and Rescue courses? What was the point in buying the Master Diver card? You already had the knowledge.

It was thru PADI, so I was able to choose specialties. I wanted to focus on the specialties that would benefit me the most for the type of diving that I do, so I chose: Ice Diver, Night Diver, Deep Diver, Enriched Air and Wreck Diver. The Rescue course was very rewarding as well.

I want to add my congratulations as well. I remember when I got my MSD and it definitely is an accomplishment. Though the MSD card itself isn't as important as the instruction and the experience of the specialties, it still makes a statement.

Keep diving.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the knowledge gained in the Ice Diver, Night Diver, Deep Diver, Enriched Air, Wreck Diver, and Rescue courses? What was the point in buying the Master Diver card? You already had the knowledge.

That would be like taking all the college courses needed for a degree, then not applying for the degree because it'd cost another $50 and not teach you anything new. Assuming you didn't need the degree for a job or something. But most people would still find the degree meaningful and worth having.

Richard.

That would be like taking all the college courses needed for a degree, then not applying for the degree because it'd cost another $50 and not teach you anything new. Assuming you didn't need the degree for a job or something. But most people would still find the degree meaningful and worth having.

Richard.

Except you don't get a card/piece of paper for individual classes taken, but for the speacialties you do.

If it brings someone happiness and contentment.... more power. I remember being very happy about my MSD rating (a long time ago).

It's a recogniton, not a qualification. That doesn't mean it is worthless. Besides... it's a good 'catch all' card that shows the diver has a breadth of experience and takes their training seriously. Not bad to have in your wallet on a business trip, when you get the chance for some unexpected diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom