Master Scuba Diver, NAUI and Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dolevr

Registered
Reaction score
I did my AOW certification several months ago and would like to get to Thailand (Pattaya or Phuket) soon.

What do you recommend:

- Should I do the MSD (by NAUI)
- If yes, where is a good NAUI shop/trainer ?
- What about Pattaya ? Phiket ?

Thanks,

Dolevr:confused:

course is a good course. Check the response to my post looking for a NAUI shop in Malaysia. Your best bet seems to be contacting Micheal Tong. He is the area representative for NAUI. You can also find contact information for him and there is a shop locator on the NAUI website www.naui.org

jbd

Hi -

I was asking about NAUI in Bangkok/Pattaya or Phuket and you sent me off to talk to a guy in KL.

I looked in the map, and that seems quite far ...

Dolevr

is the representative for the Pacific rim for NAUI. If you will contact him, he may be able to give you the name and location of a NAUI shop in Thailand. I couldn't find any listed specifically on the NAUI website.

Thanks.

I will contact him.

I also tried Naui.org - no success.

Recently been to Thailand, in Pattaya area and down south diving, NAUI is nowhere to be seen anywhere in the country, I'd suggest you give up and go with PADI, I tried for some time to organise doing NAUI courses in Thailand but it all ended in dead-ends, NAUI just doesn't have the numbers in that area :upset:

They do have other alternatives, and I do not want to get into the NAUI/PADI argument,

But I still choose NAUI over PADI (this has been my experience regardless of the personal issues).

There are quite a few Naui Instructors and shops providing Naui instruction in Thailand including quite a few shops that provide both PADI and Naui training dependent on the prospective students choice.

I cannot comment on the orig question though because I have never taken a Naui course and therefore would not be in a position to recommend Naui or a Naui instructor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom