Master Diver vs. Dive Master

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe it is actually good to leave it, to highlight differences in the programs.

As the mod for this forum I would be highly disappointed if any comments were deleted. When I was granted this forum I made a promise to myself to never delete a comment or request a poster delete theirs. Unless it was a personal attack on someone or a threat. Unlike some areas where controversial statements are removed, hidden, or deleted this area welcomes controversy and intelligent debates over our policies. I will never delete a comment just because it may be a little off topic or a comparison to other agencies. I welcome the chance to compare.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

The Master Diver is designed to be the highest level of training for recreational open water divers in the SEI program. It includes extensive lectures and diving opportunities and is really for the diver who just wants more complete knowledge without going into the professional level courses. The Divemaster training is the first step on the road from recreational diver to Instructor. When taught properly the DM course is chock full of academic content and practical skills development. Since a DM can lead divers for pay on open water divers the course emphasizes the physical aspects of diving including supervision, leadership, and safety. The DM candidate is required to participate in at least one open water training course so the skills that are developed are not theoretical but completely relevant to real life situations. For a good explanation of the leadership training path in SEI Diving download a free copy of the Leadership Prep manual on the SEI Diving website. If you send me your email address I will forward answers to the questions in the Leadership Prep Manual. I also have complete curricula and record of training manuals for DM, AI and Instructor.

Back
Top Bottom