Masks with dry ear pockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grassyknoll

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello all, as someone who has continual ear issues, I ruptured an eardrum once and now seems that I will plagued for life. I am wondering if anyone out there has any expeience with any of the mask that incorporate dry ear pockets (such as the IST Pro Ear 2000).
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
ps-I searched archives and couln't find anything, if there are old discussion about this topic please go easy on me.

Thanks,

Check out this thread at the Vintage Scuba Supply website:

http://www.vintagescubasupply.com/wetsuits.html

If it still works, the Scuba Queen was made exactly for your problem (ruptured ear drum with a hole in it).

John

I have two of them, and love them. you do have to trim your hair short on the sides where the cups go to make a good seal, but even when water gets in there, it doesn't effect the performance of the cups. I bought some vented Docs Pro Plugs that are designed for diving, and am going to try them this weekend. I'll report my experience when I get home. Go to scubatoys.com for the mask, and if you need a hood, try the one that's designed for the mask, or cut holes in a regular hood.

I would go with the ProEars Mask, now that I see it. I put the ScubaQueen up because that was the only solution I knew about, but these are all used equipment.

John

ScubaToys is where I picked mine up. I also picked up the hood that goes with it and sent the hood right back. The hood fit horrible and pretty much had no neck to it, pretty useless. I scored a super nice BodyGlove lined 7mm hood from SportChalet during scuba month on sale. Simly put the hood on then the mask over the hood. Have a friend help mark the ears. Make sure you ONLY cut holes where the ear cup is and NOT where the skirt to the ear cup is. This way the hood will help hold down the skirt and assist in a good seal. So far it has been an OK mask, when I can get some more dives in maybe it will be a good mask.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom