Mask's with corrective lenses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have astigmatism, so I need custom. If you're lucky enough to have a compatible prescription, the drop-in lenses work great.

I'd go here over SeaVision: www.prescriptiondivemasks.com

Edit: Doh! Took me a while to reach this tab. :)

fdog nailed it.

Ditto I have drop in lenses in a Scuba Max Navigator. Great Mask and I have a bag of them Visulators, fish eyes, Big Eyes etc. This Scuba Max is high quality if you opt for it. My friend Jeff White that owns Scuba Shop USA and Add H20 for Fun in St. Louis can sell you one for like 60.00 dollars thats lenses and mask everything installed ready to go. Plus whatever type of shipping you'll like. If you think your interested send me a message and I'll give you his number to get in touch with him.

I'm just chiming in with another wholehearted endorsement of the PrescriptionDiveMasks.com folks. They turned my mask around fast, and I was able to send them a mask that I knew fit me. Having a mask that's ground for my astigmatism makes life a lot easier. When it comes time to replace this one I'll definitely go back to them.

We're an extremely near-sighted family. I have a -9.5 diopter prescription (regular glasses), but managed to find off-the-shelf lenses in that high a power. I also have high astigmatism and now also need reading correction, but am personally very happy with the spherical correction... particularly considering the cost of more-complex lenses.

We ordered custom lenses from SeaVision for our daughter's mask, mainly because her mask didn't offer off-the-shelf lenses. No problems. Only potential issue with SeaVision -- unless I'm mistaken -- is that their lenses aren't glass... they're all polycarbonate plastic. Which means lighter, but also more susceptible to scratching. You see a hint of that with their advice not to use abrasive cleaners. But minor scratches may not be much of an issue underwater.

--Marek

I have a Tusa Liberator Plus mask and need to change the lenses. Can you tell me how?

suec:
I have a Tusa Liberator Plus mask and need to change the lenses. Can you tell me how?
Carefully.

Seriously, though, from the front of the mask, there is a retaining ring that holds the lens in place. It goes all the way around the lens.

There are two ways I have seen this held in place, and not knowing which style you have, I can't say for certain which yours is. On some, the center panel at the top of the mask (between the eyes) slides forwards or backwards, to expose the holes through which you can carefully poke in the retaining ring enough to pop it out. Don't force anything, instead use steady pressure.

On other masks, I have seen little holes on the outside of the mask frame, by the nose, that accomplish the same thing. Poke a small screwdriver or something similar in those holes to pop out the retaining ring.

Once the retaining is off, the lenses just sit there inside the frame and pop out easily. Insert the new ones, and replace the retaining ring. Replacing the ring can sometimes be a huge PITA, but be persistent and it'll happen.

Remember: Don't force anything too hard. It definitely takes some strength and pressure, but it's not worth breaking your mask.

The last option is to bring the mask to the LDS where you bought it and ask them to help you. :D Worked for me the first time, then I knew how to do it.

Thanks CompuDude, I will give it a try. It looks like mine has a center piece that needs to slide or come out and then there is a piece above each lens that will come out. I bought my equipment online not at the LDS. I had heard that the lenses were easy to change BUT you need to know the steps.

Never had a problem with my sea vision mask. Only had one problem where mine was leaking but I put silicon around it and that was it. The next mask I'm getting is the chameleon version where it has the pink and yellow add-on lense instead of having it pink on the mask all the time. That explains why I keep bumping into the support beam on the ship. Yes they're kinda pricey, but so are glasses too. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom