Mask with built in GoPro Mount - Octomask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BAMF624

Registered
Reaction score
Ever since I got my GoPro I was stoked on the camera, but disappointed with the mounting options. I know some people like to shoot video with a tray, but I prefer to have my hands free, and like the first person perspective this give. So I decided to develop a better way...

View attachment 145407View attachment 145408

After months of R&D I am happy to announce that "Octomask" is now ready and allows you to easily attach your GoPro to the mask.

I have tested the mask extensively and used it on many dives. It helps shoot great first person perspective video with very little drag. I normally forget I am even wearing it.

Please message me with any questions. I have a 30 day satisfaction guaranteed return policy so there's no reason not to give it a try! -- Octomask: Free Your Hands

Ever since I got my GoPro I was stoked on the camera, but disappointed with the mounting options. I know some people like to shoot video with a tray, but I prefer to have my hands free, and like the first person perspective this give. So I decided to develop a better way...

View attachment 145407View attachment 145408

After months of R&D I am happy to announce that "Octomask" is now ready and allows you to easily attach your GoPro to the mask.

I have tested the mask extensively and used it on many dives. It helps shoot great first person perspective video with very little drag. I normally forget I am even wearing it.

Please message me with any questions. I have a 30 day satisfaction guaranteed return policy so there's no reason not to give it a try! -- Octomask: Free Your Hands

Looks awesome how much would shipping to Australia be?

---------- Post added January 25th, 2013 at 11:20 AM ----------

Also the first image in your gallery (on the gallery page) is only showing raw data.

Good luck with the mask fitting your face properly.. I'd never buy a mask without trying it on and making sure it was comfortable, didn't leak, had good FOV etc.

Great idea for free divers, CCR divers, and vintage double hosers. For everyone else, get ready to edit out lots of bubbles.

Great idea for free divers, CCR divers, and vintage double hosers. For everyone else, get ready to edit out lots of bubbles.
Hummm, haven't found center mounted DIY GoPro mask mount to have significant bubble problems in ~ 4-5 years of use. Maybe side mounts but if it were a problem, you would have bubbles in front of your facemask problems. Hummmm?

Just writing about what I experience. If your attitude in the water is always head down and level, it may not occur as often. Side mount may put you in that position for most of your dive.

Add sidemount to the list I guess.

After doing much study with gopro mounted mask it appears like the current is everything. Check out this short 45 second clip I made with all Gomask while ih Indonesia 2 weeks ago.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKX3b6XQxyQ

---------- Post added April 26th, 2014 at 08:58 PM ----------

@WB2GLP side mount vs regular...makes no difference...it is 100% current dependent

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom