Mask recommendation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

atlas750

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Looking to get a new mask any rec. Would like to move toward DIR as I get new gear.

Go to your local shop and try on every mask. Buy the one that fits the best and is low volume.

I prefer black skirts, because they don't yellow with age and keep out glare and reflections when diving in the day time. Nothing more annoying than having the sun shining through the skirt of the mask and blinding me by reflecting off the glass of the mask. Either is perfectly DIR.

What Jon said. Fit is paramount. Low volume is preferred because it is much easier to clear in the event of a flood. Black skirt is also preferred for the reasons Jon stated.

It's all about fit and low volume. I prefer black, but you can have a yellow mask with a clear skirt and a pink strap if you want - it's perfectly fine.... as long as it fits.

OneBrightGator:
:headshake

obviously the correct DIR mask is milled from a single continuous piece of delrin.

ROTFLMAO!

Soggy:
I heard that Aluminum was going to be the new preferred mask material :rolleyes: :)

No, it'll oxidize around the lenses, and they'll fall out.

What about your backup mask?

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom