Mask prices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...you may well be limited by what fits your face, regardless of the price...also, are you buying on the WWW ( ie Leisure Pro ) or paying retail at a local dive shop ? You are probably looking at something in the $50 - $75 range.....new.

between $50 and $100. But as was already stated, find one that fits right and worry less about the cost. Trust me, when you are clearing your mask every couple minutes you will wish you had spent a few dollars more to get one that fit correctly. Then you will end up spending the money to buy one that fits right anyway.

Definitely buying at a dive shop to test for fit (comfort too). Absolutely. Yesterday I stepped into a shop I was just driving past, went in tried on the first mask I saw witrhout donning the strap, sucked air in through my nose & it stuck to my face so well I could walk around the shop for half hour without it coming off (as long I didn't exhale through my nose). I asked the clerk how much. He quoted $70 & told me that was about average for what I was looking for. I thanked him & told hime I'd be back. Any comments?

Definitely buying at a dive shop to test for fit (comfort too). Absolutely. Yesterday I stepped into a shop I was just driving past, went in tried on the first mask I saw witrhout donning the strap, sucked air in through my nose & it stuck to my face so well I could walk around the shop for half hour without it coming off (as long I didn't exhale through my nose). I asked the clerk how much. He quoted $70 & told me that was about average for what I was looking for. I thanked him & told hime I'd be back. Any comments?

...guess I'd comment that price just happens to fall in the $50 - $ 75 price range I predicted ! :)

I would recommend going back and buying it. You can always ask if they can discount the price, it never hurts to try.

$70 sounds about average . . .

Unfortunately, "average" isn't very useful, since you don't need an "average" mask, you need the specific mask that fits you.

The mask that fit me cost over $100 about 8 years ago. OTOH, I still have it, and it still doesn't leak, so I don't loose a lot of sleep over the extra $70. OTOH, I've seen people that use the $50 mask with no leaks, and still others that love the black Sea-Hunt oval masks, which I think are even less.

Terry

Last edited:
it may also depend on if you prefer a purge mask or a non purge ...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom