Mask Mares Nueva Vedo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Portugaldive

Registered
Reaction score
Hello any one have aditional information of this mask?

p1050130g.jpg

Date of fabrication, some comercial Photos ....

Thx
Hugo

I use to have a Mares Vedo mask. Yours is little different looking. Looks like the face is pushed in. Mine was made in the 60's then Dacor made them later on.The lenses could be unscrewd. Yours looks like a rare one to me. I have a few older Mares catalogs I can look though. I'll let you know if I find anything on it.I checked my 1967 Mares catalog it has the Vedo mask buy not your Nuvea Vedo. I think yours is older.

Last edited:
Quick diversion:

This is a much better looking mask.
Evaseyes-2_zps0185c199.jpg

Sorry, vintage gear is much more attractive.
Actually, what is so nice about the older oval masks is that you can actually see the diver. In this photo, I not only admire the mask, but also... the diver. Note that with the double hose regulator, no bubbles obscure the face too.

I recently picked up a Champion Deluxe mask, and am anxious to get it in the water.

I'm wondering whether with the Mares Nueva Vedo that mask was made for significant optical corrections? It seems this may have been one of the first to incorporate this as a feature.

SeaRat

We used to offer that mask with prescription lenses that could be pop in right at the dive shop. I could not get myself to actually try and sell one, but the dive shop owner always push it as a great alternative for divers needing prescription lenses.

This was the first mask that we had available that we could change the lenses in the dive shop. This was in Puerto Rico at Divers Service Center. We didn't have many other choices for prescription mask. I think there was a place that would glue lenses back then, that advertised in Skin Diver Magazine. It might have in New York, but I can't remember for sure.

I was glad when the Scubapro Optical came out.

Added:
I just realize that the picture on the right of my avatar is with a later Scubapro Optical mask. That picture was only about 8 or 9 years ago so I did not need prescription anymore (I had Lasik about 15 years ago), but I was using a similar mask, as I used to use as a kid. My original Optical mask was black rubber and I can't remember the prescription.

In the picture on the left I was using contact lenses. I was probably about 15. The regulator is the same in both pictures.

Hello,

Thx for the help. Here is one more photo...

p1050132b.jpg

:)

I found this....

Foucher-Creteau Marine 1966

img555h.jpg

Foucher-Creteau 1967

img808b.jpg

La Centrale Sous-Marine 196-

img846.jpg

Back
Top Bottom