Mask for big faces

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a fat melon head. Big nose.

Three masks that fit me are:

Xs scuba Cortez

OMS Tatoo (western fit)

Scubapro Synergy 2 twin

I have the older similar model of the Synergy - Spectra TruFit.

The Synergy twin used to come in the trufit. Not sure if it still does. Has something special about the skirt that makes it fit better.

The Synergy twin used to come in the trufit. Not sure if it still does. Has something special about the skirt that makes it fit better.
Thanks a lot :)

I prefer black skirt too but i wouldnt mind a clear skirt fit is most important for me .. it s personal preference i guess .. tnks for highlighting it out tho mate :)
The Cressi Big Eyes (not Evo) comes in a black skirt, but the silicone isn't as soft and I've heard that the Evo version is a higher quality. But if you like the fit and want it in black, that's an option. I've heard but can't confirm that the Cressi Zeus has pretty much the same fit as the Big Eyes, and that too comes in black.

I prefer a black skirt too, which is the reason I switched from my Big Eyes Evo to an Aqualung Teknika.

The Synergy twin 2 has the trufit system. It's a very thin layer of silicone that is slightly rippled.

Supposedly helps with the seal. It may work. My wife and I both found masks with the trufit system that fit our faces, and we have opposite face shapes (hers is small and narrow, mine is big and fat.)

The Cressi Big Eyes (not Evo) comes in a black skirt, but the silicone isn't as soft and I've heard that the Evo version is a higher quality. But if you like the fit and want it in black, that's an option. I've heard but can't confirm that the Cressi Zeus has pretty much the same fit as the Big Eyes, and that too comes in black.

I prefer a black skirt too, which is the reason I switched from my Big Eyes Evo to an Aqualung Teknika.
For now i havent noticed a great difference between black and clear skirts so my choice regarding skirts wont affect me that much but im a new diver :p maybe by time ill start noticing more difference and may grow in favour of a particular one .. tnks for sharing :)

Go big or go home!! I have a cro-magnon man forehead and deep set eyes. Picture Frankenstein in scuba gear.... I've tried on well over 100 masks, including several of those mentioned. Most masks hit me (painfully) just above my nose or are not deep enough to seal around the corners of my eyes. The Aqua-Lung "Rescue" mask and its variants are the only ones that work...mostly...for me. I still have to clear several times, but the water in the mask means I never need anti-fog. There is also the added benefit of having dive masters tell you how their uncle dove the same mask....in 1982. The Freedom HD, and Cortez are close to fitting, but none near as well as the 3 window, hammer head shark looking, takes two full breaths to clear version.

For county team work, I wear a full faced mask and it fits very well....but that's another conversation entirely.

Aqua Lung Wraparound Mask, Black

Good luck,
Jay

Go big or go home!! I have a cro-magnon man forehead and deep set eyes. Picture Frankenstein in scuba gear.... I've tried on well over 100 masks, including several of those mentioned. Most masks hit me (painfully) just above my nose or are not deep enough to seal around the corners of my eyes. The Aqua-Lung "Rescue" mask and its variants are the only ones that work...mostly...for me. I still have to clear several times, but the water in the mask means I never need anti-fog. There is also the added benefit of having dive masters tell you how their uncle dove the same mask....in 1982. The Freedom HD, and Cortez are close to fitting, but none near as well as the 3 window, hammer head shark looking, takes two full breaths to fill version.

For county team work, I wear a full faced mask and it fits very well....but that's another conversation entirely.

Aqua Lung Wraparound Mask, Black

Good luck,
Jay
Woahhh what an intro bro hehe ::wink:.thanks mateee i appreciate your msg cool looking mask

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom