Mask for a broken, then healed nose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Allan Kaizer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey everybody I'm looking for some recommendations.

The title is a bit of lie. I've never broken my nose, but have had several non-diving friends that have, and this seems to be the best way to describe where i'm getting a lot of pressure from the nose pocket. I have a narrow face, but i guess a protruding nose :shocked2:
Right about the point where the cartilage of my nose meets bone (top of the bridge) I start to get a lot of pain after about 30-35 minutes of diving, to the point where i'm constantly resettling my mask to try and get rid of the problem.

Any recommendations perhaps from some other who have gone through this problem??? Cheers, Allan

---------- Post Merged at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:43 PM ----------

Sorry, forgot to mention that at the moment I am using the Sub-gear Devil. A great mask, besides the pain though.

I have the same problem, modern masks never fit me (I have rather grand Roman-esque nose). Your best solution is to go out and buy an old style porthole type mask. I saw them listed as "Classic Round Snorkel masks". Don't see them around too much, but they are out there. The one I have I had some issues with the straps not staying tight and it took some fiddling but now works great. As a bonus, they cost half as much as the more stylish bretheren. Goes well with my hand cast weights, vintage dive knife and regulator.

A mask that fits.... fits.

The best solution is to try as many models/brands as you can, to find 'that special one' that fits you like a glove.

I've broken my nose four times - and I love my Cressi Big Eyes. That may not work for your friends though...

Back
Top Bottom