Mask for a big old face

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... I’ve got a big old moon face and struggle to find a mask that fits well and looks ok. ... Any help greatly appreciated.
Would one of the old-school oval masks work for you? They are available in silicone (rather than rubber) now. Of course, a double-hose regulator and BFK would complete the ensemble ...

ETA: The oval masks can cure a lot of ills. I often recommend them to divers who require a much wider or much deeper nose pocket than comes on many masks today. I wear a Scubapro Frameless (see my avatar), but its narrower nose pocket is right at the limit for me.

rx7diver

Maybe try this one

I have and use this in regular size, it’s a nice mask and you can get replacement skirts, corrective lens, magnifier lens different color straps etc.

I have been using this for years.

I have been using this for years.

does that leave any sliminess on your face?

sorry for the image if anyone else has a dirty mind like i do.

It only leaves stickey on the mask, no residual on the face. One application is usually good for 3 dives per day. Cleans off the mask skirt with a firm wipe with a paper towel.

Thanks all some great ideas, I don’t think I’m this day and age trying masks on in a shop is really an option so I will try the above suggestions

I know this question has been asked before but not for a while I don’t think so hopefully there are more on the market.
I’ve got a big old moon face and struggle to find a mask that fits well and looks ok.
I currently use a Sherwood oracle which is ok but they are hard to find. Any help greatly appreciated.
The Aqualung Pacifica masks (and the similar ones they sell) are quite large, but more of an "old school" look.
I think the SP Frameless/Gorilla Frameless masks are quite large too.

Hope this helps!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom