Mask Fogging Up???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Waterpaw

Registered
Reaction score
Just wanted to pass along an outstanding tip I learned from a long-time dive instructor (she has over 1000 dives), about the BEST anti-fog solution.....Baby Shampoo and water! As we were preparing for a dive from a cruise in Mexico, I asked her what she used for anti-fog, and she told me baby shampoo and water. I was skeptical, but tried some she had mixed up, and I was never MORE PLEASED!! Not only did it work better than any of the commercial anti-fog I've tried, but it smells good too! So here's what you do...run on down to the store, and get a bottle of Johnson's Baby Shampoo, and a empty little spray bottle. Mix a 50/50 mixture in the spray bottle, and you're set to go. You can even put a little more baby shampoo than water if you want! As with any anti-fog, first make sure your mask is clean. Then spray in the baby shampoo/water mixture, swish around, empty out the excess, throw on your mask, and away you go! No need to rinse! The baby shampoo won't hurt your eyes, anti-fog properties are OUTSTANDING, and since you're only buying baby shampoo and using water, you'll have a HUGE supply of anti-fog available to you! Do yourself a favor, forget those expensive anti-fog solutions, and try the baby shampoo/water...you won't be disappointed!

Hi Waterpaw. Welcome to SB, and I think you are going to enjoy the endless source of information on all things related to diving available to you on this board. You might be wondering why no one has responded to your tip, so I'll pass on a friendly suggestion that will help you get the most from this website. Before I post a thread about a particular topic, I use the search feature in the upper right hand corner to see what information has already been discussed, and sometimes find some topics have been covered at length on a pretty frequent basis. I have found that I can save a lot of time and get faster information by checking previous discussions. And, if you want to have fun and start a lively discussion, just ask "What kind of fins and bcd should I get?" Welcome aboard.
P.S. I use straight baby shampoo as it works better for me than the diluted stuff.

Last edited:
+1 on straight baby shampoo

Ahhhhhh, but you said "no rinse". Then it's truely excellent. But as soon as you completely rinse it, it's kinda lame. If I do have to flood my mask, I have to be content with leaving water in it to slosh around and defog it.

Oh, and DSS and Scubapro jet's. LOL.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom