Mary'sPlace?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cemetery wall, where is that? That is not an officially named dive site so I am not sure where that is.

Mr Bud is beyond Mary's Place so not really an option for those diving from West Bay/ West End. But it is a cool dive. If your going that far then I would recommend Coco Views wall

Texas is awesome but I prefer Pablo's Place

I have it on my dive map in between John's spot and Doc's retreat. East to west is Mary's, Doc's, Cemetery wall and John's spot. Its very close to Otley Cay.

Concur on Mr. Bud's as far as hitting it from the west end. Ive done both wall outside CocoView, and the wreck there. I wouldnt ride a boat that far to get to them personally.

Great suggestions. Time to do some Googling and YouTube.
Keeping in mind this will be the second dive, are the sites mentioned of appropriate depth after the relatively deep Mary's Place? Probably 60'-70' max?

Yes. The mooring locations are for the most part on top of the reef, figure 25' or so average. Its a short swim to get over the wall to see eel and lobster and lion fish. Typically our dives run out about 50 or 60 ft on the wall and then we return on top of the reef for a pretty relaxed 55 to 65 minute dive.

Marys place was closed for a few years, the dive pressure on the site is horrible. It's stripped clean and the exit is definitely not what it used to be 17 years ago. I would skip it.

Marys place was closed for a few years, the dive pressure on the site is horrible. It's stripped clean and the exit is definitely not what it used to be 17 years ago. I would skip it.

Thanks for your observation. Sadly, the world has changed a lot in 17 years.
Have you been to MP since it reopened? Sometimes trying to repeat an experience brings disappointment while a fresh perspective can overlook flaws.

One of my favorite dives. Here is my video of the dive 10 years ago. Starts of with Calvin's Crack followed by Mary's Place.

Last edited:
One of my favorite dives. Here is my video of the dive 10 years ago. Starts of with Calvin's Crack followed by Mary's Place.

Very nice, Ron, thanks.
I can see how a place like that can get beat up.
But the topography is really impressive, so I think I'll do my best to visit.

Yeah, the narrow topography that makes it so interesting also makes it vulnerable to divers who lack control and awareness.

It really should be for experienced divers only. Not because of danger but to protect the site.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom