Marvel's Side Yard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I heard, and as a result - no stains........ BTW, good choice! Remind me to tell you the story of the skipped deco stop. You gonna be around next week?

Yep.

Yeah Walter, Marvel gave me the shark sign and pointed one way, Jenny gave me the shark sign and pointed another. They were clearly circling us and in tight formation. We decided to blow a safety stop in favor of not letting it come to a tense conclusion.

Walter, these were at the periphery of our vision, but they were the biggest bulls I have seen underwater and I would put each in excess of 10ft. I wasn't spooked at first, but Marvel was pretty dang urgent about it. After I saw the tight circles, I was nervous as well. Of course, I was the last one out in our group, and I was certain that I heard that old familiar music in the back ground... da---dump!

I knew I should have stayed another day...that sounds like FUN!!! :D

Vis?!? Going tomorrow at 7AM with Boatlawyer. Winds honking 180 at about 20. I'll give you all a report late morning. Marvel...if your around, feel free to join us, or at least say hi!

NetDoc:
Walter, these were at the periphery of our vision, but they were the biggest bulls I have seen underwater and I would put each in excess of 10ft. I wasn't spooked at first, but Marvel was pretty dang urgent about it. After I saw the tight circles, I was nervous as well. Of course, I was the last one out in our group, and I was certain that I heard that old familiar music in the back ground... da---dump!

I didn't consider the one that came cruising by while we were still on the reef a big deal but, yeah, given Walter's recent experience, I'm not exactly comfortable with seeing Bulls circling around & around while we're on a safety stop.... :11: Since none of the rest of our group of five had any deco obligation, I felt pretty confident that Jenny was just the victim of her Suunto's famous conservatism. The DM & other divers verified our visitors when we were back on the boat.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom