Martial Law per CNN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm in Phuket now. Slept nicely last night, woke up, had my normal breakfast and had a nice dive on Kata Beach with Phuket Scuba Club. Seems business as usual around here to me. :D

MoonWrasse:
Meetings of more than 5 people have now been banned. I wonder if that includes dive trips :wink:

Only "political" meetings are banned; business meetings, parties, sporting events, and diving trips, etc., are continuing as normal. :wink:

MOD POST

I had to delete or edit number of posts here.

Please stay away from discussing politics.

Thanks a lot

Mania

yea we were getting a bit political

sorry about that

Again, everything ok here. Had some lovely diving, spotted a few frogfish and ghost pipe fish, squid, leopard sharks and of course all the normal stuff. No wind, nice and sunny, very good vis.

I am not an expert in this kind of business, but according to the Phuket governor, all martial law means is that the military is authorised to issue commands to civil authorities.

It has had some impacts, such as Ranong border crossing being closed by the Burmese. So no visa runs there right now.

Also some governments have issued warnings, which I don't personally agree with but that's their business.

Carrying identification might be more important than in the past - one would be surprised how many tourists don't carry any proper IDs there let alone the required passport or photocopy around.

Back
Top Bottom