Martha's This Weekend...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike, do you take dive lights down with you ?
I'll bring a couple anyway. Getting excited about my first trip to Martha's. And as of last night, the wife seemed to be looking forward to it as well.

I'll get some pics.
I'll watch for students in bright orange wetsuits, tanks etc.
What is the life expectancy for one of the big "T" decals underwater ?

Indeed I am. I'm the official unofficial scuba club guy (mostly due to my involvement w/ the credit class, I lack the time to do the S.Club thing, but I digress). The group going is UT's scuba club, although I'm not so sure I would call it "pretty decent size". As far as I know, there are 6 confirmed.

For that matter, I wouldn't expect orange clad yuppies either. I'll make it a point to bring something orange, might even forgo my Vortex shirt for the Big Orange.

utdivermatt:
I wanna go.. but alas... im stuck here. Just a heads up: looks like a pretty decent size group of orange clad students are heading over there with you all this weekend. UTKnox.. you part of that group?

Ah, I got the email, and it looked like a lengthy list. I was expecting more than 6 out of that to show. Anyways, I am sure you all will have a good time. Its a great quarry. Wish I could hit it up with you. Looks like I actually might be heading to Memphis for the weekend, so I will pass you all by.

As for lights, You will want them there. Especially if you plan on going into the houses. They are open, and light gets in, but you cant really get a good feel for it unless you have a light.

A 'T' decal will actually last a long time underwater, as long as you apply it correctly. I had one on my old gear... actually need to get a new one for my Backplate. Make sure I represent when I go somewhere

I'm 99% certain that email went out to the entire club, not just those attending. You'd expect more than 6, but as I said, only a handful had confirmed. Who knows, we just might have some randomly show up. Regardless, I look forward to it. I've always heard good things about Martha's. That, and it's been awhile since I've been able to harass the now former club president.

Close call !
The wife started having second thoughts due to the cooler weather. But this morning she says she's back on.
Really wants to get some more time with her new computer before Maui in just three weeks !
Told her it was a GOOD IDEA !:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom