Martha's This Weekend...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PePaw

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
The wife and I are thinking of doing Martha's this weekend.
Anybody have the latest on water temps and vis ?
Theres going to be a big group of us from the local LDS and Coolsprings Scuba Club.

C'mon out, i'd like to meet some of you.

Thanks Mike.
Man sure are a lot of Mike's around here !
(Pepaw is a Mike as well !)

64 huh ?:11:

Could be some significant shrinkage. I think i'll lie to the wife about the temps or else I won't be diving !:wink:

Maybe that other Mike will let me know about the vis ?

Well according to Tanked, the visibility at Martha's is pretty good. I'll be taking my camera along.
Anybody from the board want to come along ?

mike_s:
Post some pics.... I dont' think there is a good post of pics of the buildings underwater there.

I'll try & get some, but keep in mind this will be both my first time taking anything other than a disposable underwater, as well as attempting to use manual settings. Don't get your hopes up too much :shakehead

I've used the dispoable cameras before underwater with decent results. however, not in a quarry, where there isn't much "color" anyway.

for best results, try to get something in the pic that has 'color' so not to make it look so drab.

When you get them developed, take them somewhere that they can adjust the color. Write on the package 'underwater photos, please add/adjust red & yellow coloring'. I've found this to help with shooting film. FYI, Walmart won't adjust crap. They just run the photos.

Of course digital is the way to go for underwater use. You can just do so much more with a digital camera in the settings. first off, most decent digital cameras have an underwater mode on them, so your pictures are better. Next, you can do all kinda of adjustments afterwards with Photoshop. Third, you don't waste all that money on film and developing. 4th, you get "instant results" that you can review that night before the next days dive.

I wanna go.. but alas... im stuck here. Just a heads up: looks like a pretty decent size group of orange clad students are heading over there with you all this weekend. UTKnox.. you part of that group?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom