Martha's Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks y'all. It took us a little while to find the entrance, but once we did it was well worth it. The site is beautiful and we are really looking forward to diving it very soon. We'll be settled in the area in ~1 month so PM me if you're in the area and diving - we're looking forward to meeting local divers. Thanks again!

Thanks y'all. It took us a little while to find the entrance, but once we did it was well worth it. The site is beautiful and we are really looking forward to diving it very soon. We'll be settled in the area in ~1 month so PM me if you're in the area and diving - we're looking forward to meeting local divers. Thanks again!

For an area that is hours away from salt water, there are a lot of dive shops in the area! They can help link you up with dive buddies. I especially like Island Hoppers Scuba in the Nashville/ 100 Oaks area. I'd be happy to show you folks around the underwater world of Martha's some time. Mapped it for my divemaster mapping project and am out there fairly often in the summer months assisting with teaching.

Fred posted on Facebook back on April 7th that Martha's is open for the season.

Will he have air fills?

Hi Digger - we'd love to get a tour sometime. We dive dry with HP100s and try to go at least 2-3 times per month usually on weekends. That might change in the new location, but thats at least our typical dive schedule. I saw that Island Hopper is having get-togethers on their porch over the summer, we'll definitely attend one of those once we get to TN so maybe we can meet up there too! See you soon!

Hi TNRonin - we asked Fred about fills and he will hold off this season to avoid taking business away from LDS.

Since I don't go to Nashville I guess it will be a while. That sucks.

Sent from my DROID X2

Max depth is 50 ft at Martha's (o.k. maybe a teeny bit more in some places) and if you are down at 50 ft you will appreciate the dry suits. I guess the main thing to see at 50 ft is the full size bus at the west side of the quarry. Good for wreck training and so are the submerged quarry office and rock processing buildings on the east side. Fred works really well with the local shops. They appreciate and support Fred and he reciprocates. HP 100s might last you half a day at Martha's!

It's a little bit post-facto, but was out there this past Saturday morning and all was AOK, and a good time as always!
Fred was in fine spirits and the place was looking good. TC was at 20' but I left the suit in the truck and went with bathing trunks. I solo most days and had the water completly to myself. Very nice, just me & the fish, while Fred tended the campfire.

For any first-timers, be under no illusions, it's a country operation, and when the bluegill aren't after you, the chickens are, but if you go with the flow and let it be what it is, and not expect it to be something it's not, it's a fantastic resource - 8 hours from the closest beach, and a heck of a fine time.

Fred Zahn
on Nashville's North Shore

P.S. - A big "attaboy" to our LDSs for their continued efforts and support of Fred and his ongoing work to add features both in the water and out, for the enjoyment of the many diving visitors to our area!!!! :D

I solo most days and had the water completly to myself. Very nice, just me & the fish, while Fred tended the campfire.
Way back when, Fred did not permit solo diving. Is it permitted now with a solo certification card?

David

Back
Top Bottom